Come and join us surfing in one of the most beautiful and sunniest places in Portugal. Whether you’re a beginner looking for an introduction to surfing, an intermediate wanting to ride waves more confidently or an advanced surfer looking to improve your technique, we have a lesson for everyone.
We tailor to
We know every surfer’s different, which is why we offer a range of surf lessons. From beginner to Intermediate and of course, for our more avid surfers, Advanced. As previously mentioned, all the surf lessons can be enjoyed privately or via group lessons, depending on your own preference. Here at Jah Shaka Surf Shop, we do our utmost to provide as personalised a service as possible, to ensure you get the very best lessons available.
GROUP SURF LESSONS
2.5 H DURATION + ALL MATERIAL
- Group lessons are suited to beginner and intermediate surfers; Whether you’re a total beginner or you’ve been surfing for some time, the class will be tailored to your skill level.
- You’ll learn about ocean currents, types of waves, how to stand up, basic turns and more.
- To offer the best learning experience, the group lessons are a maximum of 8 surfers per instructor.
- Group lessons last 2-3 hours with a wetsuit and a surfboard included, as well as transport to and from the beach from our surf shop in Lagos.
PRIVATE SURF LESSONS
2H DURATION + ALL MATERIAL
- Private surf lessons are for beginners and intermediates.
- Private surf lessons are fully adapted to your needs allowing you to progress faster under the watchful eye of one dedicated instructor.
- We can tailor the two hour lesson to your needs. You can choose to focus on green wave riding, paddling techniques, duck diving – absolutely anything.
- All equipment is provided, as well as transport to and from the beach from our surf shop in Lagos.
KID SURF LESSONS
1.5H DURATION + ALL MATERIAL
- Kids surf lessons are for ages 06 – 15 years old.
- All kids group lessons are 1 to 6 kids maximum to ensure they learn in a safe environment. Following ISA rules and in addition to that, all teachers are lifeguards.
- All lessons include 1.5 hours of surf lesson, transport to and from the beach can be provided.
- Games to warm up to make the learning experience fun, teaching balance techniques and basic guidelines.
- Each child taking part will also enjoy the use of all equipment from surfboards to wetsuit and lycra etc. while they learn about their favourite new sport on the best waves we can find.
- Transfer to and from the beach with the best conditions on the day for the group.
- Equipment; board, wetsuit and rash vest.
- 2.5 hours lessons.
- Maximum of 6-8 surfers per instructor.
- 10% discount on any products at the Jah Shaka Surf shop (Offer not available on selected technical products, rentals and other activities).
- Surf lessons pick up in our shop in Lagos are from 8:45am to 9:30 am.
- Returning times can be from 3pm to 5pm due to tides.
- Towel, swimwear, suncream, big smile and good attitude.
- Snacks and water.
- You must know how to swim. Kids & adults.
- All year around courses except on 25th of December and 1rst of January.
- Bookings should be done at least 24h before the day you want to go surfing, in our shop or online.
- Lessons are normally in English, but we do also offer Portuguese, German and French speaking. Please mention this option when you book the activity.
- Children under 16 years can enrol in kids surf lessons instead. Please check kids surf lessons.
- 10% discount on any products at the Jah Shaka Surf shop ( Offer not available on selected technical products, rentals and other activities ).