Experience wine tasting at Monte da Cateleja – a typical Portuguese farm with a special “terroir” just outside Lagos area
Learn about Algarvian viticulture – a very ancient agriculture activity.
Learn more about organic farming, ecological and sustainable. Included food, wine tasting and vineyard tour.
A side of Portugal being such a beautiful place to live or travel, is also in the top 10 countries of wine exportation in the world.
Here in Lagos, we are lucky to have one of the most visited Vineyards of the Algarve, Monte de Casteleja, a small and organic wine Vineyard with a lovely soul and beautiful owners.
This Vineyard soil is unique! With a high percentage of clay and lime. The land retains water deep in the ground and it slowly releases in to the roots during the summer when the plants need it more.
Take a guided tour around Monte da Casteleja. Get to know a little about the history of Wine in the Algarve, take a walk in the vineyards, the cellar and the winery and Taste 3 of our wines!
- 2 hours of experience
- Taste of 3 different wine
- Regional Tapas
- Group from 2 to max 12 people
- Tastings start at 3pm – Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Bring a jumper that can be a bit chill in some months of the year
- A big curiosity to discover the regional wines
- Activity for +18 years old
- Transport is not included but we can
arrange a taxi if needed
- 10% discount on any products at the Jah Shaka Surf shop ( Offer does not include selected technical products, rentals and other activities)
- Please be aware that all the activities are not recommended if you have health issues or if you are pregnant