Stand Up Paddle Board Lagos
Stand Up Paddleboarding or SUP is one of the most popular activities to do in Portugal and here at Jah Shaka Surf, we have everything you need to enjoy this must-do activity.
Explore beautiful grottos and hidden beaches through our variety of SUP tours.
There are numerous tours available. Choose from regular SUP day tours to beautiful sunrise and sunset tours.
All SUP tours include brief introductory lessons and guidance.
SUP rental available for those who want the freedom to explore at their own pace.
Paddleboarding lets you experience the scenery in a unique and environmentally friendly way exploring the secret beaches, grottos, archways and wildlife.
Stand Up Paddle Board
SUP or stand-up paddleboarding is one of the hottest activities in Portugal and whether you’re looking for paddle board hire or a paddle board tour, we have everything you need.
SUP is much easier to learn than regular surfing. This makes it more accessible to those who may have found regular surf lessons too much. With similarities to kayaking, you get to enjoy that floating feeling as well as the opportunity to land and explore hidden beaches with ease.
SUP Rental In Lagos
As well as surf rentals , we also offer SUP equipment rental at competitive prices for those who want the freedom to explore at their own place. Enjoy the amazing views of the grottos in Lagos and explore the caves and beaches of our beatiful coast line for as long as you like.
SUP Tours In Lagos
Here at Jah Shaka, we provide SUP tours for those who want professional guidance. We offer a variety of tours too so no matter what you’re looking for, we have something for you.
- Sunrise or morning tour – This tour will take you supping away from the tourist at one of the calmest times in the morning. You’ll also enjoy the grottos and caves; a unique way to see the famous cave without the hustle and bustle.
- Afternoon at the lake tour – Enjoy a nice paddle around our beautiful Barragem Da Bravura, the perfect spot for beginners and families thanks to it’s calm water. On this tour you’ll explore the nature and wonderful scenery of the Algarve in all it’s natural beauty.
- Afternoon at the lagoon tour – The Lagoon in Alvor is a peacful and sheltered place, perfect when there is swell in town and the morning tour is not available. Depending on season, you can enjoy a perfect sunset.
- River Tour – The River Tour is the perfect intro to flat water paddle boarding. You’ll enjoy a gentle morning of paddling downstream in the beautiful town of Aljezur.
- Guided tour with a qualified instructor
- How to safely paddle the board out into the shallows
- Basic paddling technique on your knees moved to standing on the paddle board.
- Wetsuit for colder conditions
- Life jacket
- Transfer to the locations of River, Lagoon and Lake Tours
- Sunrise Lagos Grotto Tour 6am (depending on season)
- Morning Lagos Grotto Tour 8am
- Afternoon at the Lake, Alvor and River Tour, time tour confirmation by booking
- Cap or sunglasses optional
- Water and snack
- Minimum age 16 years old
- Must be able to swim
- Ideal conditions are days with no wind and no waves
- This activity can be cancelled or postponed due to weather conditions
- River, lake and lagoon tours need a min. of 2 people for booking
- 10% discount on any products at the Jah Shaka Surf shop (Offer not available on selected technical products, rentals and other activities)
- Please be aware that all the activities are not recommended if you have health issues or if you are pregnant