The kitesurfing lessons take place in one of the best beginner spots in Europe, the Alvor Lagoon 15 minutes from Lagos – the ideal location to learn and master kite surfing.
Safe learning environment, knee to waist deep water in the Alvor lagoon.
Consistent north-west winds during the summer months from June to September.
If you love the ocean, this corner of Portugal is a huge adventure playground and a great place to improve your Kite surfing skills or even just to have your first lesson!
Feel the adrenaline running through your body and the wind on your skin with experienced instructors (international VDWS and IKO certificates) and brand new equipment.
The lagoon in Alvor, is one of the best kitesurf spots to learn and to progress, with consistent north-west winds during the summer months from June to September.
3 hours course: Introduces you to the fundamentals of flying a kite and basic safety, including:
Short theory, safety systems and equipment set up, how to launch and land your kite, piloting a small kite on the beach after practicing with a real kite in the water, body dragging and understanding and practising a deep water self-rescues and pack down.
7 hours course: Designed to get you on the board and moving and will introduce you to the main underlying principles of kitesurfing:
An overview of Waterstart theory, getting to grips with loading and launching, practise getting up and riding, self rescue, knowledge of kitesurfing etiquette and understanding and practice edging and riding upwind.
10 hours course: The goal of the 10 hour course is for you to have a comfortable knowledge of how to get out on the water yourself and practice safely and independently. Aims to get you out on the water practicing as well as fill in any knowledge gaps you have to get you to the point where you are ready to get out there kitesurfing on your own.
- Chosen lesson time with a BKSA or IKO qualified kite surf coach
- All equipment needed
- Full safety briefing
- Step by step program to build confidence with the equipment and environment depending on level
- Free pickups from the Jah Shaka Shop to the Alvor lagoon
- Most of the lessons are in the afternoon
- Minimum age 14 years old and 40KG
- Ideal conditions for beginners are days with winds between 10-15 knots
- 10% discount on any products at the Jah Shaka Surf shop (Offer not available on selected technical products, rentals and other activities)
- Please be aware that all the activities are not recommended if you have health issues or if you are pregnant